This year 29th February falls on a Saturday so there’s no excuse not to make the most of it. The whole point of Leap Day is that it’s a whole extra day you didn’t get before. It’s a chance to do whatever you want. We’ve been given a whole extra day, so do something memorable.
1. Do something that’ll last for generations – Plant a tree | London City Hall
If you have an outdoor space, planting a tree is a great way to help clean the air in London for future generations. London.gov.uk has lots of information on how to grow trees from sapling and seeds as well as information on how to find community projects if you don’t have an outdoor space of your own.
2. Experience the outdoors – 10 stunning London walks to fall in love with
A great way to get outside on Leap Day is to go for a walk. London has some amazing parks and routes for walkers to explore and find new secret spots.
3. Ride a train round a pub! – The Holly Tree Pub
Get to the Holly Tree Pub in Leytonstone for lunch and you’ll be able to live the dream of a ride on a miniature train (weather permitting) that weaves its way around this east end boozer’s beer garden.
4. Improve your well-being – Good Thinking – NHS approved wellbeing service
Feeling anxious, stressed, having trouble sleeping or all of the above? Now’s the time to help yourself with free apps supported by NHS London to get you the right tools and resources you need.
5. Learn a new craft – Gorgeous modern craft – workshops and inspiration
Get the creative juices pumping with my Lovely Craft Club, where you can find workshops and inspiration to get you crafting and making. It’s easy to join in, whether you’re new to it or a seasoned maker already.
6. Give some of your time – 6 loneliness charities you can volunteer for
Sometimes another day isn’t a treat if you have no-one to spend it with. Anyone can feel lonely and we can do something to change that. These charities are only able to function with the help of people like you who step up to help those suffering from loneliness.
7. Spring clean your house – Farmdrop sustainable cleaning range
Want to brush away those cobwebs, but want to do it without hurting the environment? Farmdrop is here, with our range of ethical household cleaning products that care for mother nature and make your house spotless (with a bit of elbow grease!).
8. Visit a free museum – Free museums in London
We often forget how amazing it is to spend a few hours lost in another world and London can offer some of the world’s best museums on our doorstep … for free!
9. Checkout the World’s Most Curious Cocktail Bar – The Last Tuesday Society cocktail bar
“And now for something completely different…” Hidden away in the heart of Hackney is a gem of a cocktail bar that specialises in Absinthe and the absurd. A drinker’s cabinet of wonder filled with the most unusual spirits, from the old world and new, together in one curious exhibition of extraordinary elixirs.
10. Propose to your partner – Farmdrop sustainable champagne range
Whether male or female, Leap Day will always be a special time to propose to your loved one. We’ve got a range of premium champagnes to celebrate the occasion in style.
But remember 😉 … “Nothing that happens on Leap Day counts! Real life is for March!” – Leap Day William