This is a great one pot dinner, scented with saffron and bejewelled with pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
- Serves 4
- 1 hour
- Gluten free, Dairy free
– 4 organic chicken thighs
– 240g basmati rice
– 500ml hot chicken stock
– A pinch of saffron
– 1 organic brown onion, chopped
– 1 organic garlic clove, chopped
– 1 tbsp organic pomegranate seeds
– 1 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
2. Wash the rice and leave to soak in cold water while continuing with the next steps.
2. Put an oven-proof dish on the hob and add a glug of oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt and brown them skin side down for 6-8 minutes, until the skin is crisp and golden.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the onion, fry for 5 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Drain the rice and add to the pan with the hot chicken stock and saffron. Bring up to the boil, then add the chicken thighs and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
5. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and pistachios and serve.