This delicious paella inspired tray bake is simple to prepare and makes a great mid-week supper for all the family. Cooking the chicken and chorizo with the rice in this way means that all the delicious flavours are soaked up, with minimal effort.
- Serves 4
- 2 hours
- Dairy free
– 4 organic chicken thighs
– 2 Brindisa organic cooking chorizo, chopped
– 1 organic red onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of organic garlic, crushed and chopped
– 240g organic brown basmati rice
– 200ml organic passata or chopped tinned tomatoes
– 3 organic red peppers, chopped
– 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
– 1/2 ltr chicken stock
– 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Put an oven-proof casserole onto a medium heat with a glug of oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt, add to the pan skin side down and leave for 6-8 minutes, until the skin turns crisp and golden brown.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the chorizo, fry until crisp then remove with a slotted spoon. Pour half of the fat out of the pan, then fry the onion in the remaining fat, until soft.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then turn up the heat and add the sherry vinegar.
5. Add the rice with the salt and stir to soak up the juices. Return the chorizo and chicken to the pan, then add the peppers, passata and chicken stock. Bring up to the boil, then add the lid and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is baked.