A hearty evening meal that’s on the table in under 30 minutes. You could also use tinned chickpeas or other white beans if butter beans aren’t available.
- Serves 2
- 45 minutes
– 2 organic cooking chorizo, sliced into thick chunks
– 1/2 an organic fennel, chopped
– 1 organic red onion, chopped
– 1 organic garlic clove, chopped
– 1 tin organic butter beans, drained
– 1 tsp fennel seeds
– 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
– 1 tbsp tomato puree
– 200ml chicken stock
1. Add the chorizo to a pan with a little olive oil to stop it sticking. Fry until crispy then remove with a slotted spoon.
2. Drain off half the fat from the pan, then add the onion and fennel. Sweat for 10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, fennel seeds and chilli flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken stock, tomato puree and butter beans. Season with salt and pepper then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Return the chorizo to the stew and serve.