Piccolo focuses on nutritious food and mealtimes spent together as a family, making healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help families get the right balance every day.
As parents ourselves, we know cooking for our little ones can be pretty overwhelming at times – the pressure of having to be experts in everything from infant nutrition to knowing how to batch-cook from scratch all the while working out what your little one likes, dislikes, or needs a few more tries of.
So to make meal times that little bit easier, we developed our organic cooking range to take one thing off your plate (so to speak) with our baby pastas, stir-in sauces and stock cubes, all designed specifically for babies.
An absolute lifesaver when it comes to home cooking (even if we do say so ourselves) and a fantastic alternative to adult versions, all of our cooking range products are packed full of nutritious, wholesome and organic ingredients. Perfect for when you want to make your little one a home cooked veggie-packed meal, without all the hassle and all the added nonsense.
Piccolo founder, Cat Gazzoli, says:
“As a mum myself, I know I find it challenging cooking every day for my family on top of work commitments and the rest of the housework. We’ve seen that many parents have been enjoying cooking but that they’re also finding it difficult to come up with new ideas. We want to continue supporting parents as best we can in their efforts to cook at home, and encourage a more nutritious approach to feeding their little ones.”
ONE POT BLACK BEAN TACOS
A great one-pot recipe for all the family
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Makes 2 portions
Suitable from 10 months
Not suitable for freezing
- ½ x 400g tin black beans
- ½ x 325g tin sweet corn
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cored and diced
- 1 small tomato
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80ml water
- 1 x 80g Piccolo tomato & basil sauce
- Chop your tomato and pepper and add them to a heavy bottomed sauce pan along with the garlic, black beans, corn and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat for around 15 minutes. Then add the Piccolo tomato sauce and heat through.
- Mash with a fork or serve as is with the avocado, fresh herbs and cheese. Delicious on its own or with cooked noodles or with a warn tortilla.
- To serve it with: ½ ripe avocado, sliced 1 tsp fresh coriander or parsley, chopped 25g Cheddar cheese, grated
Find Piccolo’s cooking range in our Baby and Toddler Food & Formula section and enjoy 10% off this February!
Piccolo Organic makes healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help you get the balance right every day. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and Little Village, and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com