We hope you have a giggle making these sticks of goodness together. They’re quick, simple and tasty to boot.
Gather together your favourite vegetables and cheeses. For these we used:
Tomatoes, we used Sakura, but any small ones like plum or cherry will work
Favourite semi-hard cheese such as cheddar or feta
Pitted olives, we used black ones
Cornichons (mini pickled cucumber)
Kebab sticks or wooden coffee stirrers – these are a good alternative if you’d like to avoid the sharp points of kebab sticks.
- Wash the tomatoes, radishes, celery, cucumber, pepper, and basil leaves, and then leave to dry.
- Cut the cucumber into rounds 1cm thick and cut the rounds in half across the round to make semi-circle shapes.
- Cut the pepper, celery and cheese (not the mozzarella balls!) into squares and cubes.
- Trim the radishes.
- Drain the olives and cornichons, (if using from a jar or tin).
- Once you’ve prepared all your vegetable pieces, have fun and just slide all the ingredients straight onto the sticks how.
- Eat and enjoy immediately – on their own, or with some raw carrot batons, and hummus topped with a drizzle of olive oil. If taking on a trip, pop in a tupperware, carry in a cool bag and enjoy the day.