This super easy salad is full of freshness and flavour. It uses a Palestinian staple – smoky Freekeh, a flame-roasted green wheat. All Zaytoun products are fairly-trade and sourced direct from growers in Palestine.
- Serves 2-3 people
- 25 minutes
- Vegetarian, vegan, dairy free
– 150g Zaytoun smoky Freekeh
– 1/2 organic red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
– 1 tbsp organic pomegranate seeds
– 10 organic mixed cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
– 1 spring onion, finely sliced
– 10g mint, chopped
– 10g coriander, chopped
– 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
– 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
– Salt and pepper
- Rinse the freekeh under cold water. Add 450ml vegetable stock or water, bring to the boil and simmer until liquid is absorbed (approximately 12 minutes).
- Rinse the cookd freekeh under cold water, drain well and mix with the chopped chilli, pomegranate seeds, cherry tomatoes, spring onion, mint and coriander.
- Stir in the pomegranate molasses and red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper and serve.