All the flavour of your favourite Easter buns in a biscuit; the scent of these baking will fill you with Easter excitement. They’re also very easy to make, so are a great one to do with the kids.
- Makes 25 biscuits
- 20 minutes
– 200g salted butter
– 100g light brown soft sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 orange, zested
– 375g self raising flour
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 100g sultanas
– 80ml milk
– 160g icing sugar
– 80g butter
– 1/2 orange, juiced
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until soft and pale.
2. Add the eggs one by one, until they are incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract and orange zest.
3. Sift the self raising flour and fold in with the cinnamon, sultanas and milk.
4. Roll the dough into walnut size pieces and place on baking trays lined with baking parchment. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
5. To make the icing, whip together the icing sugar, butter and orange juice.
6. When the cookies have cooled, put the icing into an icing bag and pipe crosses onto each biscuit.