Bored of your average gin and tonic? Does your vodka soda feel a bit stale? Well don’t worry because we’ve teamed up with the lovely people at Cawston Press to bring you three classic cocktails with a fizzy fruit twist.
Cawston Press have been pressing fruit for over 30 years, and through those many years of experience they’ve managed to get it down to a tee, only pressing the best fruit whilst at its peak. They believe (and we agree with them) that using the highest quality ingredients is what creates the best possible product. All of the sweetness in a can of Cawston comes from the pressed fruit, nothing else. No sugar, no sugar substitutes, no shortcuts.
Sparkling Rhubarb – Rhubarb Aperol Spritz
The Aperol Spritz is a staple in every pub garden nowadays, adding fizzy rhubarb gives it a seasonal fruity twist!
- A can of sparkling Rhubarb
- Soda water
- Lemon juice
- Orange to garnish
- Fill a large wine glass with ice.
- Pour in two shots of sparkling Rhubarb, two shots of Aperol and two shots of soda water.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, or less depending on how tart you like it.
- Garnish with a twist or slice of orange.
Sparkling Cloudy Apple – Apple Mojito (serves 4/5)
The mojito is a classic summer cocktail. In this version the sweetness of the apple perfectly complements the herbaceous mint flavours, the citrus zing from the limes, and together with the white rum will make your garden feel like a sunny beach in Cuba.
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 150ml white rum
- Juice of two limes (approx. 60ml or 4 tbsp)
- 660ml (two cans) Cawston Press Cloudy Apple Ice
- Sprig of mint
- Slap the sprigs of mint on your palm to release their fragrance.
- Tear off the leaves and put in a 900ml pitcher then add the rum, lime juice and Cloudy Apple and stir briefly.
- Add ice and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Sparkling Rhubarb – Rhubarb Float
Not to leave out our alcohol-free friends, this homage to rhubarb and custard chews will have you reminiscing of your childhood.
- A can of Sparkling Rhubarb
- Good quality vanilla ice cream
- It’s pretty simple.
- Just spoon a ball or two of ice cream into a large glass and pour over the fizzy Rhubarb.
- What’s not to love?
You can order your favourite Cawston Press drinks at www.farmdrop.com