Today we’re delighted to introduce you to the newest members of the Farmdrop family – our bold and beautiful vanimals (geddit?). These very special additions to our fleet of fully electric delivery vans have hustled their way off the farm to roam our fair city’s streets, with bellies loaded with the freshest food direct from the best local producers.
Not only are our gorgeous vanimals a nippy bunch, they’re also a pretty clever breath of fresh air. Thanks to them, we’re the first food folk to deliver with zero CO2 emissions – all with the quality and ethics of your local farmer’s market wrapped in the delivery convenience of Ocado.
But hang on a sunny Somerset second, there’s one important thing our cow, chicken and pig vanimals are missing – we need your help to name them!
Daisy. Wilbur. Babs. There are famous animal names already out there but we’ve love for you to come up with something truly one-of-kind for our latest recruits. The winning name will be chosen by us and will earn its place on the respective van’s bumper. The proud owner of the winning name will also win a month’s worth of shopping too (to the value of £120, see full T&Cs below).
To enter, simply share your name suggestions with us on social media. Here’s how:
Three of our vanimals have already been christened by our producers (after hearing of their escape they kindly gave us their blessing to officially bring them into the Farmdrop fold). To help you get inspired, get to know Rosey, Twiggy and Elsie:
Meet Rosey the cow
Loves: Long walks in lush pastures.
Favourite London spot: Kensington Gardens. There’s lots of grass to nibble on and shaded areas for a nice lie down.
Meet Twiggy the pig
Loves: Nothing more than a good back rub.
Favourite London spot: Mudchute. It really is the place to be.
Meet Elsie the chicken
Loves: Spreading her wings in the morning sun.
Favourite London spot: Peckham. Or as I call it, Peck’ em.
Terms & Conditions
1. Farmdrop is a limited company whose registered office is at The Biscuit Factory, 100 Drummond Road, London, SE16 4DG, registered with company number 08111929
2. To enter the competition please retweet our competition tweet on Twitter and leave a comment with your name suggestion, like our competition post on Facebook and leave a comment with your name suggestion, or repost our competition post and leave a comment with your name suggestion on Instagram before 15th May 2016. We will select one winner per van [one name for our cow van, one name for our pig van, one name for our chicken van]. We will announce the winner on our social media channels on 30th May 2016.
3. The prize is for a month’s worth of shopping, to be redeemed across four £30 vouchers (to a total of £120) from www.farmdrop.com and be used within a 28 day period from date of allocation. No cash equivalent to this voucher(s) shall be given. The prize may be changed. Delivery charges may occur. Delivery is: free if you choose a 6-hour time slot, £6.00 for orders under £30 in a 1-hour time slot, or £3.00 for orders over £30 in a 1-hour time slot.
4. Entrants must live in the Farmdrop delivery area to be eligible to receive the voucher(s). Please visit https://www.farmdrop.com and check your postcode in our postcode finder.
5. Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of Farmdrop, and their immediate families, or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
6. All pictures entering the competition must have been taken by the participants. In case of any doubt about the origin of the picture, Farmdrop reserves the right to cancel any participation to this contest.
7. The winner will be notified by email and on social media within maximum a month after the official announcement in the newsletter and/or blog. The prize will then need to be claimed within 60 days.
8. By entering the competition you are accepting these terms and conditions. Entries which are not in accordance with the terms and conditions will not count. Farmdrop’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.