A light, quick Italian meal. Photo credit bonappetit.com
- 8 rashes of bacon
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 250g asparagus
- olive oil
- 200g parmesan
- First cook the asparagus. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, place the Asparagus into the water and simmer uncovered for around 4 minutes. Drain and remove the string and cut into 5 cm pieces.
- Fry the bacon until crispy, then drain.
- Beat the eggs and season and heat the pan of olive oil over a low heat for 2 minutes. When hot, add the cooked, peeled and dried asparagus and cook for a couple of minutes until the asparagus is hot.
- Next, add the eggs and stir gently until the eggs start to cook and form.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cook gently for another 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cooked frittata with Parmesan cheese and some black pepper.