Ever wondered how to cook beef brisket? We did, and after going through all top chefs and aspiring chefs’ blogs, we came up with this delicious recipe that will make cooking brisket an absolute pleasure! Photo credit Vanessa Seder.
- Beef brisket – 1Kg
- Carrots – 5 medium size
- Potatoes – 500g
- White onions – 3
- Thyme, olive oil, red pepper and salt for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 150ºC and get out a roasting pan big enough to hold the brisket and put a rack at the bottom. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Leave only a little layer of fat on the brisket, combine thyme, pepper and salt and sprinkle it on the brisket.
- At this point you can either pre-cook carrots and onions in a pan, boil the potatoes and add them to the brisket during the last hour of cooking, or put them directly underneath the brisket from the beginning if you do not have a rack.
- Place the brisket on the pan with the fat side up, on the rack or on the vegetables, and cover it with the foil.
- The brisket will take about 2 hours to cook.
- When it is soft and ready, you can leave it in the oven for an additional 30 minutes to get the crust on it.
- Rest for 30 minutes before slicing.