Roast Pheasant with Pickled Beetroot
Simply roasted pheasant is given a perfect pink partner in pickled beetroot.00
Here’s how you do it
- Add butter to a roasting tin and heat oven to 210c. Roughly chop onions and garlic, and add to the tin.
- Once the butter is bubbling pop in the pheasant and baste with the butter.
- Add the stock to the tin. Roast at 210c for 10 minutes, then 180c for 30 minutes (leave the oven door open to bring down temperature quickly).
- Cook the beetroot for 5 minutes in boiling water (it should still have plenty of bite), and then drain.
- Mix all ingredients for the pickle together and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Remove pheasant from oven to rest.
- Turn up heat on stove, add the beetroot mix to the pan.
- Add half of the pickling liquid and reduce.
-1 pheasant -1 onion, finely sliced -3 cloves of garlic -500ml Vegetable Stock -50g butter
-1 large beetroot, peeled & cubed -1 red onion, finely sliced -Juice of one orange -150ml balsamic vinegar -40g sugar