Spaghetti with Black Garlic and Cavolo Nero
A simple spaghetti dish which is beautifully rich in colour and flavour, using deep green cavolo nero leaves and aged black garlic; which has a sweeter, more complex flavour than normal garlic.
Here’s how you do it
- Put two large pans of salted water on to boil.
- Trim the cavolo nero leaves away from the stalk, put the leaves into one pot and boil for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Blend the cavolo nero with the black garlic, pine nuts and parmesan. Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Stir the cavolo nero sauce through the pasta, adding a little cooking water to loosen it. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan.
- 400g spaghetti
- 250g cavolo nero
- 8 cloves of black garlic
- 60g pine nuts
- 200ml olive oil
- 20g grated parmesan
- juice of 1/2 lemon