Covid-19 has significantly increased demand for Farmdrop deliveries. For this reason, we have had to make some changes to the way we operate online and at the point of delivery. This page explains how to place a Farmdrop order and is updated with the latest information so please check back regularly.
How (and when) the queuing system works:
- We have introduced a queuing system for access to our website and apps when traffic to the Farmdrop site suddenly increases. This helps to manage the volume of shoppers using the service at the same time (too many people overloads our system and creates a poor experience for everyone).
- If you try to enter the site at a particularly busy period, you may join a virtual queue where you will be given an estimated arrival time on the website. When it is your turn, you will have 10 minutes to join the website. If you don’t enter, then you will be returned to the back of the queue.
How to pick a delivery slot and place an order after queuing:
- If you have queued to enter the website, then it means demand for delivery slots is particularly high at that time. For that reason, we recommend that you pick your chosen delivery slot as soon as you enter the website and complete your order and checkout quickly. This will guarantee your delivery and leave you free to edit your order at a later time.
- If products show as out of stock, it means they are not available for any of the available delivery dates. However, once an order has been made it is possible that the product will come back into stock and can be added at a later date.
- Please note that we have changed our delivery options from 1 hour slots to 2 – 3 hour slots, all free for orders over £60. This change allows us to group deliveries by area and serve more customers. We will still text you the day before your delivery with a 120 minute ETA window to help you plan.
How to edit your order
- If you already have placed an order but want to edit it, you may have to queue for access to the website.
- Once you’re on the website, you do not need to select a new delivery date. Instead you should add your extra items to the basket and then select checkout. When you land on the checkout page you will be given the option to “add to upcoming order”. Follow the on screen instructions and hit “continue” which will update your existing order with the new items.
How your grocery delivery will now arrive
- Deliveries will now be made in bags and be dropped at your doorstep. This is to ensure the safety of customers and delivery drivers and adherence to the two metre social distancing rules. Initially, we will be using plastic bags but are working to implement a more sustainable option as soon as possible.
Important changes to how you order from Tuesday 7th April:
- New delivery slots will now open every day at 4pm.
- If you have to queue to enter the website, we recommend you check out as quickly as possible to secure your slot. The minimum spend before you can checkout is £60.
- You will be able to go back and edit your order up until midday, the day before your delivery.
- Customers who have already placed an order should try to avoid editing between 3pm and 7pm to avoid queuing with customers booking a new delivery.
- We’re constantly adding new capacity and these changes will allow the maximum number of people to get a delivery during this time.
- Some products will have purchase limits so that we can ensure supply for as many customers as possible.
For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19 please check our FAQs, which are updated regularly with the latest changes.