Pomegranate & Sumac Glazed Short Ribs
3 1/2 hours plus marinating time
Rich, sticky and sweet, these slow cooked beef short ribs are slow cooked in pomegranate molasses before caramelising under a hot grill or on the barbecue. Serve with roasted potatoes tossed in sumac and a citrusy slaw.
6 Farmdrop products in this recipe
Here’s how you do it
- Mix all the marinade ingredients, except the stock, add the ribs and coat well. Marinate overnight in a sealed container.
- Preheat the oven to 160℃/140℃ fan. Transfer the ribs and marinade to a roasting dish - you want them to be relatively snug but in a single layer. Pour the beef stock around the ribs and cover with foil.
- Cook for 3 hours until the meat is tender and falling off the bone. Remove the ribs from the dish and allow to cool and firm up a little.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and reduce until thick and sticky. Brush the ribs all over with the sticky sauce and finish under a hot grill or on the barbecue to caramelise.
- 1kg beef short ribs
- 80ml pomegranate molasses
- 50ml soy sauce
- 30g brown sugar*
- 50g honey*
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced*
- 2 tsps sumac
2 tsps ground cumin
400ml beef stock
*from the larder
- Gluten free
- Dairy free